The Queen of easy French style - Garance Dore is timeless, chic and very likable. Reading her witty quips and seeing her beautiful photographs on her blog make me wish I was just like her.
Here are her suggestions for great style - and what French women are never without..
1. Baume Creme de Rose from Dior, for the pot & the perfectly pouty lips.
2. A pair of sunglasses -- to provide mystery!
3. A book by Francoise Sagan because she has an incredible perspective on life and was so rock'n roll -- in the French way, of course.
4. A pair of Repetto ballet flats (the real dancer ones with very soft soles) -- great after long hours in heels.
5. A pen. To write, of course, but also to put your hair up when you're tired of having it in your face. I don't know why, but every French girl does that!
(Scans are from British Elle, March 2011.)