Thursday 23 July 2009

Latitude..

'It's more than just a music festival.'


I cannot believe it's been a whole week since I set off for Latitude festival in Southwold, Suffolk. I was gripped with panic when I realised that the day had crept up sooner than I had expected and I hadn't prepared nearly as much as I had hoped. It turned out that didn't matter, as I was assured by friends that all I needed were a few clothes, wellies (or riding boots in my case,) baby wipes, deodorant, wine, my sleeping bag, tent and toilet roll.



The festival was wonderfully pleasant, perhaps not a word commonly used to describe a music festival. The surroundings were beautiful, with a pretty lake in the centre, stages in the woods, pink sheep, buntings and colourful trees. I had read about all it had to offer in 'Elle' magazine and was certainly not disappointed.



With two of my best friends, Laura and Nathan there, the company was exceptional and the content was fantasic. Jeffrey Lewis did an amazing midnight acoustic set in the poetry tent on Saturday night and Thom Yorke was nothing but utterly brilliant on Sunday morning. Other highlights included Patrick Wolf's set on the main stage, Fever Ray's eerie performance and of course, the mystical beauty of (Bat for Lashes) Natasha Khan, who appeared to glide across the stage on Friday night. Our nights were spent drinking cider and wine whilst dancing in the woods until the djs called it a night. It was a fantastic trip with Laura before she departs for her year long travels in Canada in a few weeks.



I can't wait to go back next year. ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing your thoughts and visiting your wonderful blogs as well. xxx