Wednesday 8 February 2012

Yayoi Kusama at Tate

I have been eagerly awaiting the opening of Yayoi Kusama at Tate Modern for months now, and it certainly didn't disappoint. It's probably one of, if not THE most exciting exhibition I've ever been to.

I recommend that everyone go, especially so that they can take in the amazement of the Infinity Mirror Room. At first it's disorientating, but once you have your bearings and trust the space you start to look into infinity. You feel like you're floating in outer space.

The brilliant polka dot living room scene was described by The Guardian as being 'far from joyful,' I have to disagree. The room is like a fabulous disco, it's how Kusama views the world; it's weird, and brightly coloured, absolutely bizarre; totally vibrant and surreal - just like her life.



(The photos are all via The Guardian, and yes, that figure lurking about the place is me.)

3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing, the polka dot living room is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how awesome! I'm not sure I've ever seen a sad polka dot in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to come to London!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing your thoughts and visiting your wonderful blogs as well. xxx